Friday, January 25, 2008

1/25/2008: Mammogram Results

FINALLY!!! I just finished my mammogram and ultrasound and they came back CLEAN. The ultrasound showed the fluid I have under the incision and a blood clot or two (which I felt this morning and thought were new lumps), but the radiologist said that was normal and the body would take care of that. Now, the radiologist did explained that because I am so young that the mammogram is not 100% accurate, but that the MRI will give them a much more detailed picture when I have that done tomorrow.

They told me that I must be a real trooper and have a high tolerance for pain to get through the mammogram and an ultrasound with my incision without making a peep. I sure was sweating though when they were pushing and squeezing my boo-boo ... I'm not going to lie. When they were working on my left side, I was feeling the pain.

Anyway, I survived it and I am happy I had it done because the results are VERY promising. It would be ideal to not have to have more surgery and just be able to jump into my treatment.

Keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming, please!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment