Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1/30/2008: CTScan Results

The CT-scan showed nodules in my lungs. The surgeon doesn't seem very concerned with these considering most healthy people have nodules in their lungs. He said he would check them again in six months after my treatment.

The MRI showed SOME contrast in the tissue in my upper left breast. This means that the cancer is in the tissue there. (Now, which came first, the tumor or the infected tissue? They don't know.) They are now 99% sure this is breast cancer.

They have found NO tumors, but want to schedule one more test, the PET-scan,in order to rule out any more growths that would require surgery. The surgeons office is currently scheduling this for me.

I meet with my oncologist tomorrow afternoon and will determine treatment. I will be starting it immediately. After I start, my surgeon said he may want to do a punch biopsy of some tissue in the left breast in order to get a better handle on what we are dealing with here.

So, that is the latest and it looks fairly promising. I will keep you posted as I find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment