Monday, April 8, 2013

A Plan Set in Motion

I have always been open and honest about my journey. I figure if it is too much information for someone, they can stop reading, right?. For me, it is important that I document all my experiences with my health so that I might help someone else out there. If my story helps just one person, then all of this was worth going through.

Today I met with my new and amazing OB GYN named Roopa Duggal. She deals with high-risk patients and I figured with all my medical drama, I belonged in that category. We set a plan in motion to get me healthy and well in order to try to have a baby starting January 2014, if Matt and I so choose. 
  • I will start taking a calcium supplement (1000 mg daily) and decrease my D3 intake to 600 to 1000 mg daily.
  • I will continue weaning off the anxiety medications (Effexor and Xanax) since I can't take them during pregnancy.  Over the last seven months I have decreased my dosage from 150 mg to 37.5 mg and I feel amazing!
  • There is some concern about the irregular bleeding I have been experiencing. Dr. Duggal has requested: (1) a pelvic ultrasound with transvaginal/Doppler prn and (2) Hysterosonogram. These two tests will explain why I am experiencing the bleeding and ensure that everything is healthy and functioning correctly. This will eliminate the possibility of diseases like ovarian and cervical cancer along with issues, like ovarian cysts and uterine fibrosis. 
  • I will have a full blood markup, including Prolactin, Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), Beta HCG, HbA1c and Vitamin D3. 
  • I will have an endometrial biopsy to test the health of my uterine lining. 
  • I will have a full women's health exam in August, just like I do every year. 
  • I go off my post-cancer medicine, Tamoxifen, in October that I've been on for five years.
  • In December, I will have a hormone profile done in order to determine the health of my ovaries and eggs. This consists of blood work testing my FSH, LH and Estradiol

If all those things are beautiful, she will clear me to start trying to get pregnant in January 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment