Monday, March 17, 2008

3/17/2008: A Believer

I have gone back and forth about whether to write about this and have decided to because, after all, it is my blog and I can write about whatever I want, right?

I am a huge believer in the power of positive thinking and that spiritually there are ways to heal. Some of you may not, and to each their own. I think people are entitled to believe whatever they want. However, I am a huge believer in the power of prayer, positive thinking and even unexplained miracles.

Let me explain what I am talking about ...

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, a friend gave me a rock which is from holy grounds in the Philippines. It sat on my nightstand for almost a month before I got up the nerve to try it. (At this point I am desperate to do anything in my power to get better. I have been reading all sorts of healing books, drinking green tea, meditating, etc. I actually feel better now then I did before cancer. I feel stronger and more fulfilled then I ever have in my life. I have experienced pure happiness.) Anyway, I laid in bed and placed the rock on my breast, against my skin. It took a couple of minutes and I felt horrible pain in my breast ... all the way into my armpit. It got incredibly hot and really hurt for what seemed like ten minutes, but was probably less. (Was it in my head? Maybe.) I repeated this the following night and the same thing happened, but for a lesser amount of time and with less intensity. The third night ... nothing. Perhaps it worked, perhaps it didn't.

What I do know is that I gave the rock to my Mom on Saturday knowing that her surgery was scheduled for this morning (Monday). When she went into the hospital early this morning ... her tumor was gone. Miracle?
Power of positive thinking? Medical fluke? I like to think it was a miracle. Today we praise Him ... we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment